Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Little Privacy, Please.

The sheet rockers were a no-show but the home theater guys showed up and started wiring. Cara also started hanging curtains in the living room. She chose a dark brown, lined velvet curtain that she picked up from Pottery Barn. They should stop the drafts from the windows and help warm the place up. I don't know how you guys who live north of like, Missouri make it during the winter. The curtains were hung so you can see the stained glass from outside. The wire hanging from the wall is where the in-wall rear speakers will be installed. I'll post an update on the home theater project when that's finished. We are still waiting on the living room furniture Cara ordered to be delivered...I am ready for that room to be finished!

2 Comments:

Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

I really like that stained glass window.

In your previous post I noticed that you tried to save the window molding and trim. I tried to do the same thing and it ended up being a nightmare. I would get rid of it, if I were you. (please don't tell the purists I said that).

The sheetrockers are going to have to use furring strips on all the studs if you wan't to save the original window molding (b/c without the lath and plaster, the sheetrock won't be as thick and there will be a gap near the window frames.

You can buy new molding that matches the old one and you won't have to worry about furring strips or stripping/painting the window trim.

8:26 AM  
Blogger C&C said...

Well, it wasn't that I was trying to save it, I just didn't know I had to take it off for the sheet rockers to do their thing. We have to replace that window anyway due to dry rot, but the good thing is that with a new double hung wood window, we can get rid of the ugly storm window that was but on the ouside of the window in the pic.

The old window trim had been painted over a few times and whoever did it didn't bother smoothing it out before putting on a coat of paint...you can see where the paint had chipped away on the layer underneath before the application of the latest coat.

-chris

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
house pic