Thursday, April 09, 2009

Sticks Out Like a Sore Thumb...

I totally see how that phrase became a staple in American language. See the pictures below? Yes, both of those thumbs belong to the same person - ME.
After pulling Natalie out of the car and putting her on my hip, somehow I managed to slam the car door on my thumb. It didn't close all the way, but it did latch. My first reaction was to jerk my thumb lose, which may be part of why it looks so bad.
After a day of throbbing, Chris came home and drilled some holes in the nail to relieve the pressure. Disgusting, but it was instant relief. I'm thinking I may lose the nail...I'm also thinking I may have broken it?

-cara

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jen said...

I am so sorry about this! But, i have to ask about the holes. I had a nail like that once after breaking up a dog fight. The doctors offered to drill the holes, but it freaked me out way too much. So if you can do it at home (1) Doesn't it hurt a lot as the hole is being drilled and (2) How do you know when to stop so you don't drill into the finger? I have a feeling this will be useful information at some point in my life :)

9:48 AM  
Blogger C&C said...

The holes did not hurt at all and the pressure relief was immediate. It stopped the throbbing. Chris used his pocket knife to bore a hole (yes, I know - totally not sanitary- but I was desperate). You know when to stop because the blood just comes gushing out when you break through the nail. Just go slowly. After we bored holes, I heard that a really hot paperclip would just melt through the nail like butter. I hope you never have to use this info!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
house pic