Monday, June 09, 2008

Still Here

For the past couple of weeks, there has not been anyone working at our house. Jesus has been building our cabinets at his house, the gutter guys are now finished, the fence guys are MIA, and we are becoming strangely used to not having a kitchen.
We were wondering about the cabinets, when we will get to see them, how far along they are, etc, and lo and behold Jesus sent us a photo over the phone. It is a picture of the sink cabinet, and it looks exactly the way we were hoping (minus the doors, paint & sink of course). It was great to get a little taste of what is to come, we can't wait for more!
So for now we wait...the windows should be in this week, then the drywall can be finished, then the base cabinets can be installed. After that things will start moving more quickly: the countertops will be templated, the tile floor installed, and so on.



Random thoughts of the day:
I saw a guy crossing the street on a unicycle! He was wearing a trench coat and holding an umbrella (since it was raining today). I just had to get a picture, so I took a couple with my cell phone. Not only was he very tiny on my phone, but I clapped my phone shut before saving them. Oh well, maybe I can catch him another day!

Our tomato plants (3 beefsteaks) are doing really well, two of them have blooms. Since we had a couple of overcrowded trees removed, we now have a sunny patch - woohoo! I thought we would start with just a couple of things this year to test it out and then go crazy next year. Surprisingly, small space gardens can produce quite a bit. You should've seen our crazy garden at our old house (although Chris would say it was me who was crazy).

We have a major ant problem outside, they are (or were, heh heh heh) eating our plants. The monsters were devouring the two hibiscus plants and the sweet potato vine. I think Ortho may have taught them their lesson or killed them dead - either way works fine with me.

We have 200 refurbished Lexmark Optra T laser printers available through our computer shop if you are interested...just leave us a comment and we'll get back to you privately.

-cara

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimberley said...

It's very exciting to read about your kitchen project-- probably more exciting than living through it ;)

We have a unicyclist in our neighborhood, too! She's a little girl who lives across the street and she cycles to school-- very cute.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Completely Coastal said...

Us too, strangely used to not having a kitchen (except a sink and fridge). Perhaps it's because my parents used to take me camping every year for a month growing up..., or I'm just that simple of a woman. We'll get to it after the summer (at least the room is finished now). And thanks for your visit!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
house pic