Friday, February 10, 2006

Now We're Cooking! (with gas!)

The stove we ordered at the first of January finally came in this week! I'm sure I'll think differently later, but right now I am SO tired of eating out and eating microwave dinners in. I have not cooked dinner since at least before Christmas (we moved the day after), but more likely a week or two before then, since we were packing to move.


A few updates:
We STILL have the mouse, and we can't seem to catch him. We put a trap out, the traditional kind, loaded with cheese. The little monster stole the cheese, but the trap didn't snap! So then we tried peanut butter, surely the mouse would trip that one. Nope, he licked it off and it still didn't snap. Someone told us to get a glue trap, but I couldn't stand the thoughts of some poor little fuzzy mouse dying a slow and starving death stuck to a board. Yes, go ahead and roll your eyes... But, I think I'm reconsidering. Maybe I will just leave that up to Chris...

We bought a kerosene heater, I was very skeptical. I just KNEW it would smell and create awful, hazardous fumes that might kill us. I was wrong. Not much smell, only when you extinguish it, no fumes, cheap to run, and it puts out the heat! One evening, the thermostat for the furnace (that will not light) read 50 degrees. Well, with that kerosene heater, we managed to get it up to almost 70. No more freezing for us...we hope!


We got the kitchen all painted, and the fabric bought for the curtains and the cabinet curtains. But that's as far as we've gotten. This weekend, we hope to put up open shelves and I WILL get the curtains finished.

Also on the agenda for the weekend is painting the bathroom ceiling and putting in the floor tile. It all sounds unrealistic to do in one weekend, but most are just small jobs that won't take too long. At least that's what I keep telling myself...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I can't wait to see your house! I don't know when I'll be up there again, but we'll have to schedule some time!!! What if you wrapped a piece of bread around the peanut butter or put chunky peanut butter out for the mouse trap? That way he'll have to dig around for it. Aaaah the pleasures of cooking...I'm glad you finally get to!!

Nothing much going on here!!

I wish I had a computer like Chris'except I don't know half of what he is talking about in his last post!!! It must be good. LOL!

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
house pic