Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Baby Boy's Room

We still don't have a name picked out - I refuse to name our child HERBERT or any of the other off-the-wall names SOMEBODY keeps coming up with - but by golly, we've got a color scheme in mind!
We will keep the floor the pale yellow it is, paint the walls a light, happy green, and accent with blue and light brown. I'm not a big theme person (I change my mind too much), but I am leaning towards trees and birds. I'm thinking painted birdcages, whimsical birds and owls, and patterned tree leaves. Below are pictures of things that will give you an idea of how it will look. Some of the pictures of bedding are actually for girls, so just think of it more "boy-ed up" and less girlie. I'm so used to girl stuff - hardly any boys on my side of the family- that I have to think really hard not to let baby things become too girlie. I personally see nothing wrong with a little eyelet lace here and there for a baby, but the manly men in our family may think differently! We've decided to move Natalie to a big girl bed before the baby is born, so we will be using the baby bed shown, minus the canopy.




I LOVE the quilt below, but I'm afraid it may be too feminine. I love that look though. The birds are awfully sweet too, but again a little girlie.

I LOVE this room, especially the branch above the bed and the owl pillows. Again, it's pretty girlie though. So maybe something similar but more "boy-ed up".

6 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Those are lovely things for the nursery! And in my opinion, the quilt and the birds are definitely not too girlie.

That name-thing seems just too familiar... Our son was nameless for the first two days of his life as we couldn't agree on a name. But then suddenly when he was looking at us we just KNEW his name :-)

Best wishes from Germany
Anna

5:38 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Yay!!!!! It's a boy!!! You will have one of each! I hope we are so luck some day! Congrats!

Love, Jessica

3:56 PM  
Blogger ROXY said...

That is a beautiful crib!!! I love it!

8:55 PM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

How exciting! Your nursery is going to be adorable!

5:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree - the quilts and birds aren't too girlie. Just keep out the pinks, and make the bedskirt tailored instead of ruffle-y, and it will be totally boy. I love it - it looks fantastic!

8:53 AM  
Blogger NV said...

They're a neutral color -- and they're not dripping with lace or ribbon -- so I think they're A-OK!

Congrats!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
house pic