Gearing Up for Christmas
The logic is: if Thanksgiving falls earlier in the month, such as on the 22 or 23, then there is roughly five weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. But this year, since it falls on the 27th, there is only four weeks. Therefore, putting up the decorations now still gives you five weeks of Christmas-y viewing pleasure. Okay, now that makes sense!
I have made my lists, drawn my diagrams, and collected magazine snips of what I want to do. More than likely though, I will not get all of these things done when my unrealistic expectations meet my realistic time frame and budget. Oh well, a girl can dream, can't she? Christmas decorating is also a good excuse to get some of our other things done that just haven't been completed or in some cases started.
The Get the House Ready To-Do List for 12/08:
- repaint the living room with the paint that has been waiting in the garage for months
- hang living room curtain that came down -last year? yikes.
- hang remaining pictures in living room
- rearrange furniture to accommodate tree
- pack away all things fall
- clean house top to bottom, especially the baseboards & ceiling fans
- finish unpacking the two remaining boxes from the kitchen remodel
- install wallpaper in cabinets in kitchen
- clean remaining dust out of pantry & install light
- hang some sort of curtains in kitchen
- clean off porch, move excess stuff into garage
Our house last year: